2011年9月13日星期二

HW #1

a) Why are you studying English? Explain with details. (50 words or more)
English is now a very useful skill. And I want to finish my bachelor's degree in American. On the other hand, I am always curious about the American cultures, included the music, fiction and film, etc. So learning English is helping me to know this country better and making more friends.

b) Do you use English very much when you're not in this class? Explain what situations you need to use it in. (50 words or more)
I think I need to use it almost everyday. Except in the class, I use English talk and text with my friends. And not only for my American friends now, because I am trying to speak English with my ESL classmates, too. Plus, living L.A. means I have to use English for daily life. For intense while I was looking for an partment near to PCC, I made a lot of phone calls and met with many managers for details. 


c) How do you feel when you use English? Are you sometimes nervous, comfortable, or...? Explain. (50 words or more)
I can understand what people are saying mostly. However, when I was talking, sometimes I can not figure out the word I want to speak. Specially during the writing test, I will get nervous because of the time, vocabularies, and topic. I am working on the vocabulary's building and reading, listening, speaking more.

5 条评论:

  1. Why you feel nervous when you have test?

    回复删除
  2. You did a great job. keep doing. I wish you will be happy soon,when you are talking English more fast .
    Do you attend any club in the school?

    回复删除
  3. I think this problem may caused since I had too many tests during my high school time. But I am trying to relax more.

    回复删除
  4. I did not attend any clubs this semester. I am interested in Photography Club though. Unfortunately, it just not match with my schedule.

    回复删除
  5. Your interesting on American culture, fiction, and film is a very good point for you learning English. It is your motivation, so you will be achieve your goal soon. Also, I hope you have time to join some club which you like, and it will really assist for your English developing.
    Why are you intereting on American culture and so on?

    回复删除